Contribute to BC Vegan Magazine
We publish well-written opinion pieces, expert advice, tested recipes, and personal stories that are relevant to veganism in British Columbia.
If you have a story idea related to food or recipes, please contact Anna using the form at the bottom.
If you have a story idea related to activism or sanctuaries, please contact Gillian using the form at the bottom.
Articles must be unique to BC Vegan Magazine. Articles must not have been published elsewhere online (including your personal blog) or slated for distribution on other sites. If stating facts and figures, be sure to include citations and hyperlinks. Keep in mind that we do not accept promotional or sponsored content.
BC Vegan Magazine retains the right to change headlines and edit articles as determined by our content editors.
The types of articles that are subject to decline include:
- Articles that are poorly written or do not meet our publishing standards
- Anything that airs personal business which won’t be of relevance to wider readers
- We won’t accept anything that endorses a product or reads like a publicity post.
- As contributors are not employees or representatives of BC Vegan Magazine, we will decline contributors who use the BC Vegan Magazine affiliation to obtain access to events, people or products.
- We retain the right decline submissions that fall below our quality expectations.
- We will not publish anything that is hateful, false, plagiarized or potentially libellous.
Photographs should be 1 MB or larger.
Will I be paid?
By submitting content to us, you are an independent contractor, not an employee of BC Vegan Magazine. You agree that you are not entitled to, and don’t expect any wages or compensation for the content that you submit.