Interested in contributing to
BC Vegan Magazine?
We publish well-written opinion pieces, expert advice, tested recipes, and personal stories that are relevant to veganism in British Columbia.
If you have a story idea related to the following topics, please contact BC Vegan Magazine using the form at the bottom.
Recommended topics (must be related to veganism)
• Recipes/ Food/ Nutrition
• Fitness/ Sports
• Animal Sanctuaries (Within Canada)
Articles must be unique to BC Vegan Magazine. Articles must not have been published elsewhere online (including your personal blog) or slated for distribution on other sites. If stating facts and figures, be sure to include citations and hyperlinks. Keep in mind that we do not accept promotional or sponsored content.
BC Vegan Magazine retains the right to change headlines and edit articles as determined by our content editors.
The types of articles that are subject to decline include:
- Articles that are poorly written or do not meet our publishing standards
- Anything that airs personal business which won’t be of relevance to wider readers
- We won’t accept anything that endorses a product or reads like a publicity post.
- As contributors are not employees or representatives of BC Vegan Magazine, we will decline contributors who use the BC Vegan Magazine affiliation to obtain access to events, people or products.
- We retain the right decline submissions that fall below our quality expectations.
- We will not publish anything that is hateful, false, plagiarized or potentially libellous.
• Photographs should be 1 MB or larger (Low resolution photos taken with smartphones or sourced from online/social media will not be accepted)
Will I be paid?
By submitting content to us, you are an independent contractor looking to have work published in our magazine, and not an employee of BC Vegan Magazine. You agree that you are not entitled to, and don’t expect any wages or compensation for the content that you submit.